SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Milky Way From The Top of The World

Stephen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St-unning!

I am hoping to be able to venture into Nepal at some point, Mrs. Yeti is very good friends with a Rinpoche chap from a remote monestary, far from the beaten track, whom she hopes to visit once again in the not too distant. Apparently the helicopter ride down was much easier than the hike up there...

Superb. I'm now working out how to emulate that type of shot.

Unsuccessfully.

My guess is he used the HDR feature in Photoshop that combines several different exposures into one image to give the full range of the image.

Very nice image it is too.

It does look like HDR although it's the composition that impresses me the most. The plane of the Milky Way travels towards the same vanishing point as the mountains - very aesthetically pleasing. Top photo although I'd love to know what equipment and techniques were used to make it.

It does look like HDR although it's the composition that impresses me the most. The plane of the Milky Way travels towards the same vanishing point as the mountains - very aesthetically pleasing. Top photo although I'd love to know what equipment and techniques were used to make it.

Equipment (from the original site) is listed as

Nepal, Milky Way above the Himalayas (Mardi Khola valley), 2011 | 30 sec, f/1.6, ISO 2500, FL 24 mm, (Canon EOS 5D Mark II + Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 II L USM)

but I can't help with the technique I'm afraid.

Equipment (from the original site) is listed as

but I can't help with the technique I'm afraid.

Thanks! That's actually rather helpful. I expect that he didn't exposure bracket (as he would have listed multiple exposures?) but used Photoshop to perform HDR off the RAW file.

Great Pic. Not sure if I can replicate in Bedfordshire. Maybe if I get the right angle between the house and shed!

I'm also quite like this guys work.

The Star Trail

I'm liking that website. Some cracking images on there. It must be amazing to be able to get our into the wilderness for days on end and take such remarkable photos. I wish I didn't have a 9-5 job sometimes...

Archived