SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

the areas every one lives in

garethmob

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every ones currently updated! 49 people!

hello cubemaster this maps just for people who currently live in wales, have a pop over to one of the groups closer to you to see if theres a map on there (i'll be honest i dont know which part of england blackpool is:P) north east?

• 2 weeks later...
every ones currently updated! 49 people!

hello cubemaster this maps just for people who currently live in wales, have a pop over to one of the groups closer to you to see if theres a map on there (i'll be honest i dont know which part of england blackpool is:P) north east?

lol Gaz... Stupid me! Thought it was strange that everyone was in Wales :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nurse Roberts, do you mean the mast by Ochrwyth? I used to bike along the top of that mountain past the mast quite regularly - there's a sweet bit of techy singletrack that drops down from the mast to that car park which I think you're on about? I've not been there in the dark so I don't know how suitable it would be for observing; it is right on the doorstep of risca so it might not be particularly dark.....but could be worth checking out.

Garethmob, twmbarlwm mound is the remnants an iron age hill fort. Forest drive is on the north side of it, I was referring to the south side overlooking Newport.

Mr Fibble, yeah again there is a steep hill on the south side of the mast, the car park is at the bottom.

Was just wondering if anybody has attempted observing from these locations as I was wondering if it is worth venturing up there. Problems I can foresee is that they are predominantly south facing and thus exposed to light pollution from town.

Ahhh I knew about the fort but I thought it was closer to Cwmcarn lol ignore me:P was neve good at map reading. Apologies if my post seemed blunt I didnt mean it to be trying to play driver San fran on ps3 lol. My uncle visits the fort some months walking night take the at up there one night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maps updated wth the recent aditions :)

one question whos in sy256? in tregaron ? id like to put a name to it :)

Gaz - wonder if the group should be renamed the Wales group - its only a small place and there seem to be a few from Mid and West Wales on board - no big deal but wonder if it puts some of out Celtic Brothers off?

it did cross my mind, but the only problem is even though wales is fairly small, if some people from the north wanted to join then i think (as long as the consensus of the group wanted to mind) change it but there would have to be some one up north to do meets like mat is the leader of the meets down here :)

effectivly it would have to be a mirror image of what we do in the south meets, (id be happy to update the same map bring us all together better) areas for meets ect any takers?

Archived