SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

the areas every one lives in

garethmob

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

i just checked what i did earlier ganymede12 and the CF83 does port to caerphilly, usally the first part is the area code (a bit like 01443) the second hald onl gives a closer location, if you want to give me the corords for the map then i can add them but too close is not good due to security reasons so my appoligies ;)

i can only guess your the lisvane thornhill area of cardiff or closer to taffs well?

I had a suggestion.

Instead of adding pictures of specific houses try to use a more general picture if you can.

E.G

Caerphilly - Caerphilly Castle, Cardiff - The city centre

I know you don't show a persons actual house but I just feel that using a more central place will

1) Give everyone a better idea of the area everyone lives in (without being too specific)

and

2) cause less confusion.

Sorry if I seem like I'm complaining.

Which pictures do you mean? I haven't added any pics on there

Google do have a section were other users can take images of areas of special purpose and add them into google maps so perhaps it's them ones but those photos would be added by any one. Not just sgl people(but only sgl users with the above link can see our map/ location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iv just gotten home from work and i think i know what Ganymede12 means

when you click onto a members name on the left (or icon on the map) it shows a image, thats the google street map view, unfortunatly theres nothing we can do about that as its built into google its self. as long as your full postcode or GPs corords arnt on there then it shouldnt worry what the image is :)

OK fair enough, but do you decide exactly where the markers go? That way you could place them in a public area and have a street view picture of something like a shopping centre. Instead of having a marker in a residential area where you get specific houses.

Basacally where the pin drops from entering the postcode. Np12 or cf37. Is where I just change the postcode name to their username. The joy of that is that the first 4 letters cover such a large area that it's vey very hard to locate. I gues we could do that.but it would take a lot more time finding a well known landmark in say tylorstown or oakdale. It would work for larger towns though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived