SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Something Olly and I Put Together (PFT11kly)

OK, most of the work was Olly's!

Mr Penrice contacted me last week and very kindly offered to integrate my supernova data into an M101 image he'd already put together, and suggested I could then turn the results into an animated gif. Well, I've done a gif, and here it is:

PenriceManfordM101SNAnim.gif

You'll notice that the gif doesn't just show a before and after shot, but rather shows the SN fading in and out. It just didn't seem right to simply bolt two of Olly's images together so the nova flashed on and off, so in the animation I've tried to maintain the level of grace we have all come to respect from Olly's stills work.

As such, the first time you open this page it might take a few moments for all the frames to load, but then it should run fairly smoothly.

Hope you all like it, and thanks again Olly for the chance to contribute something to such a fine image.

Archived