NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi

jbk44

Just wanted to say hello and thanks to everyone for sharing so much info. I've been looking at this site for some time now and I'm very impressed by the pic's that you are able to take.

Really looking forward to gaining more knowledge before i take the plunge and raiding the my bank account!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum.

To get off to a really good start in imaging, as that seems to be your direction of interest, can I suggest you buy Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). Modestly priced with a lot of information on what you need and why you need it to produce the level of imaging that will meet your own expectations. Broadly speaking, you can use a webcam to capture the planets and the moon but deep sky imaging (galaxies, nebula etc) require accurate tracking and a few more "toys" which can represent quite an investment. This book therefore will probably help you save money in the process by helping you make the right choices. Data collection via the scope etc is one thing, data processing to produce the final image is another and although there are many excellent software programs out there that are free to download, equally there are others that will need to be paid for so a sensible budget will be really important.

Clear skies

James

Archived