Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone Else out there at the moment?

SlipperySquid

Got the scope running! A couple of hours clears skies forecast so it would be rude not to be out there! Just doing a few test runs with the new Baader Comma corrector and waiting for the first sub to roll in!

Hope my guiding doesn't throw a fit and I can get round stars this time!

Still using all my voodoo powers to keep the clouds at bay! Hope you all have a good night!

Matt.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shamed to say I'm off to bed.... :)

DEC motor packed up on the EQ5, clouds came over around half eight so I packed the portable setup away, and came in... now it's clear and I can't be arsed to open up the observatory, especially as I'm struggling to keep my eyes open due to other things going on in my life resulting in very little sleep and long working hours - Ruddy typical... first night in ages and the odds were stacked against me :(

well it's cleared a little but there's still some moisture in the air and it's all a bit brown (literally not metaphorically).

that said, just had nice views of the Veil, tracing the whole loop and witches broom area. might have even had a chance of the triangular section if a bit darker. also M13, M92, M27, M57, M31, M32, double cluster, M71, Comet Garadd, ET Cluster, so not all bad.

.... might have even had a chance of the triangular section if a bit darker.....

The wonderfully named "Pickerings Triangular Wisp" :(

Not a bad list though Shane, considering the conditions :)

Having said I'm taking a break tonight I might still get tempted to get a refractor out when Jupiter peeks above the rooflines :)

Essex clear at the moment as well - happy as I managed to get 20 subs of NGC457 (Owl Cluster) - now getting 20 darks then hopefully Jupiter will be in a good position and I get to try out my new (well, brought 2nd hand off here) Tal 3x Barlow... Magic!!

Oh, and to the guys testing out their Baader Coma Correctors - the difference between corrected and uncorrected is a revelation!

The wonderfully named "Pickerings Triangular Wisp" :(

Not a bad list though Shane, considering the conditions :)

Having said I'm taking a break tonight I might still get tempted to get a refractor out when Jupiter peeks above the rooflines :)

cheers John I was struggling to recall the proper name! it's the first time I have seen hints of structure in the Veil from home so some areas might be better than others - Cygnus is at the zenith currently of course.

have come in for a bit as my neighbour has his bedroom floodlight on and it's daylight again for a bit.

Essex clear at the moment as well - happy as I managed to get 20 subs of NGC457 (Owl Cluster) - now getting 20 darks then hopefully Jupiter will be in a good position and I get to try out my new (well, brought 2nd hand off here) Tal 3x Barlow... Magic!!

Oh, and to the guys testing out their Baader Coma Correctors - the difference between corrected and uncorrected is a revelation!

funnily enough I just 'tested' my paracorr in my 16" f4 dob. I have only really used the dob with it and just for fun took it out. the difference was amazing. many stars seemed to disappear and reappeared when the corrector was back in.

as with many accessories this seems to do more than it says on the tin.

Well... the east seems to be faring well tonight. Still very clear here in Ipswich.

Had a mare with my HEQ5 failing to align for almost two hours... Should have been imaging by 9:30. Didn't get started till almost 10:45.

Anyway... Now shooting unguided subs on Sadr through the 200mm lens... really didn't feel like arguing with the Synguider tonight.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

A lot of moisture in the air in Chesterfield throwing up the light pollution but seeing good which is what I want. Adaptive optics whirring away on M27. Have been having a peep at the super nova in M101, getting quite bright. Not good for deep sky observing though. Jupiter slowly climbing.

Don't know how long it will last

Archived