New guy from Mid Kent

HytestA

Just joined the forum and thought the best place to start would be the Welcome threads...

So a big hello from myself in Mid Kent, UK

Bit about myself.

I am a total novice !

For a long time I have been starring at the night sky with my naked eye, getting to know some of the familiar constellations but never really plunging in too deep.

Where I used to live it was pretty pointless having anything to try and view the star any better due to light pollution and houses being too close together to give a decent viewing area.

Now I have moved out into mid Kent I have better views and slightly darker skies.

I have recently got a Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ to start viewing the skies even deeper and have managed a few views so far when the clouds have permitted.

Being a total novice, I may come out with some simple questions but in time im sure my knowledge will increase and the questions will become less and less.

Lee

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lee

Im from the Maidstone area myself. You have found the right place to bring your questions, I've been helped no end by the guys and girls on this forum.

Its a great community. :BangHead:

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum theres some great threads and people were most answer will come freely and fast and just reading some blogs and posts and stikies will point you staright

cheers pat

Hello, New Guy from Mid Kent. WE all need help from time to time. I'm an intermediate and am seeking help, but relativlely new to SGL. I just wanted to say that I belong to the Mid Kent Astronomical Society (MKAS), which meets in Brehurst. Click on www.midKentAStro.org.uk. Hope this doesn't contravene any rules. Bob_O :BangHead:

Archived