Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium 0.11.0 is out :)

russ

Hopefully not old news and i missed the thread. But it is some great (i think it is because i love this software) news for the astro community......new Stellarium is out. :)

Stellarium

If you don't already have it then it's absolutely worth the download. And this release may fix some graphics issues for ATI owners.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see any major changes at first glance Peter, but there is quite a lot of changes listed. So mainly under the bonnet stuff. Everything running smooth on my Win XP system. But will try on Win 7 tonight when i get home.

A good graphics card is essential. Although it runs well on my old laptop with 1.6ghz Centrino, 2gb ram and old ATI 9000m GPU. May struggle on old cruddy Intel onboard graphics.

I have noticed the Ocular plugin seems to have suffered with the new release. You can only turn it on/off. The commands to cycle through telescopes/eyepieces have vanished. :)

Fingers crossed the graphics glitches are solved. I had to stop using it as everything went unreadable most of the time. Pity as I really liked it.

/presses download key now

My ATI Radeon equipped system at work no longer has the flickering menus :)

Just downloaded it but one of my old font issues is still there - see the star names in the star field in the attached pic (rest of the text around the screen is fine).

post-23083-133877628996_thumb.jpg

Any ideas on the cause of this?

I am running Win 7 Enterprise SP1 (up to date with all patches; I have had the problem since I built the PC six months ago); HP Compaq nc6400 with onboard ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 graphics; 3GB RAM; dual core 2GHz Core2 CPU.

Thanks,

J.

A good graphics card is essential. Although it runs well on my old laptop with 1.6ghz Centrino, 2gb ram and old ATI 9000m GPU. May struggle on old cruddy Intel onboard graphics.

I have noticed the Ocular plugin seems to have suffered with the new release. You can only turn it on/off. The commands to cycle through telescopes/eyepieces have vanished. :)

After messing around with all the buttons on the keyboard I have found that you have to press alt o (Alt + o) and then select occulars and scopes with the mouse (edit: or arrow keys). Why couldnt they just stick with the origional buttons!? - much easier.

Oculars options do still exsist, you just use Alt+O for a drop down menu, eyepieces, sensors, scopes, etc.

Ian

Thanks for that, I knew where the dialog is but I do not have sensors listed there. Only scopes and EPs.

Archived