NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Member here!

Andrew1972

Hello everyone. A new member here! I stumbled across this site when I was browsing the internet looking to purchase a telescope. I've been interested in Astronomy for some time and used to have an ETX90 a few years back (although unfortunately I had to let it go). My binoculars continue to serve me well but I thought i'd take the plunge again, and I've now taken delivery of a Skywatcher ED80 Pro with EQ5 mount. The reviews i've seen for this telescope have been more than favourable, and it's just about the right size for where I live in Cambridgeshire, so I thought 'why not'! I hope to get motorized at some point (either with this mount or a new one) so I may well be after some advice further down the line! I've just set it up and aligned it this afternoon (the skies are currently clear so i'm hoping I will get the chance to use it in anger tonight - cue the cloud!). Anyway, just thought i'd introduce myself and say hello!

Many thanks for the friendly welcome. I was looking at bigger achromatic telescopes for similar money but I chose the ED80 because most of the reviews said that, for the money and size, it was a great apo telescope. I also live in a small house with a small garden so, having set it up, it seems just about right (the other half isn't moaning anyway!). Just need to give it a go now.....

Archived