Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello every one it's another newbie

Astropub

Hi to all

I am Alistair from oxfordshire i have been using an 8" dobbie (orion) for a couple of years now. And i have enjoyed good views of some of the planets and some nebulae. I bought the scope just to try out a bit of star gazing i have always had an interest but never really followed it up. I must agree with the comments made about other peoples experience when viewing planets for the first time, the cold night could not dampen the excitement both me and my wife felt when we saw saturn for the first time. (and i will always remember it) You can see hundreds of high quality pictures but nothing is the same as looking at it for your self, somehow it does alter your perception about our lives here on our own planet.

Again hello everyone

Cheers

Alistair

Welcome to SGL Alistair, I am sure you will enjoy it in here. I must agree 100% with what you say about viewing the planets for the 1st time. It really is an amazing thing to see for yourself and no pictures really do it justice.

Welcome Alistair

I've only just joined SGL myself and it looks like the place to be. There's plenty of info and tips on here - there's also some nice images to look at (check out the pic's being posted of the eclipse last night - if you haven't already).

Enjoy..

Scott

A very warm welcome to you Alistair.

You and your good lady could not have chosen a better hobby.

It will certainly give plenty of food for thought. Deep space just draws you into it.

Ron. :lol:

Archived