SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Early morning planets

QldLiz

Not sure what kind of views you guys are getting in the Northen Hemisphere, but they are putting on a wonderful show down under.

Have taken quite a few images over the past weeks, and again I was out this morning to capture Venus, Jupiter and Mercury making a small celestial triangle. ;)

post-19321-133877603183_thumb.jpg

post-19321-133877603189_thumb.jpg

post-19321-133877603197_thumb.jpg

post-19321-133877603203_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Southernman, it certainly has been a wonderful sight.

You guys still getting quakes now? I know you have have bucketloads of them post the tragic event, hopefully none too serious. ;)

We still getting big shakes here. In Spain they just had a mag 5.3 that has killed 10 people. We've had 2 that size in the last week!! Plus numerous smaller ones. I'd like to say that were used to it , but , you don't get used to the ground moving. Thanks for your concern. You guys over there have had your share of natural disasters as well.

Yes, lovely photos. Sadly the weather here hasn't been up to morning viewing recently. I'm hopeful that we'll get a few opportunities though as my son is really keen to get out there and see them.

James

You are all very kind. ;) It is such a joy to get out under the stars and planets with a camera.

If anyone has been to Townsville area, the images are overlooking Magnetic Island.

Fantastic photos! Makes me want to head to the beach,alas, it's been overcast,cloudy,rainy,t-storms and downright dismal here on the Mid East Coast,USA for over a week now.May clear out after the weekend.Even if it does ,would'nt have photos that could compare to those.Dune grass vs palm trees,no contest.Good luck and may the ground be steady under your feet.

Archived