NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally got some (bad) pics of my obs

shaunster

Lovely cat :D We have 3 cats and a dog. 2 black and white girls and a ginger tom - he's about that size. The dog's a border collie.

You've got a fine setup there - very nice :p

I certainly get the point why many people prefer not to put a dome on their observatory. Yours blends into your garden so well, I bet some of your neighbours don't even realise what you're doing in there!

:D

Absolutely! I think my obsy will look like a typical "rustic" farm shed :D (When I get round to building it.) Can't afford a posh pod anyway.

BTW - Iwouldn't call your pics bad - perfectly good enough for posting :p

It does blend in quite well, a dome or pod would have looked totally out of place and as I allready had the foundations from the greenhouse I was allready half way there..

Neighbours have seen it and they are all amazed at it and how it all works

my cat is quite big isnt she haha

That looks like a top job Shaun....very impressive! And i'm very envious indeed (well that is until i remember just how bad my skies are and how pointless an obs would be :D).

Does this mean we won't be seeing you at the SCAG meets now :p

Does this mean we won't be seeing you at the SCAG meets now :p

Of course not :D Ive had the obs for a while and still go to the meets, they are more social and its one of the reasons why I only take some bins with me now

Besides I need to break up the imaging by looking through all your scopes!

Glad you all like, im loving it...

Tree's arent actually as bad as it looks I cant view north... but who wants to!, it could do with a trim back but right now we have birds nesting so dont want to disturb until they are done ;)

I like it. How much room do you have inside?

I can walk around all sides of the scope easily and at one end I have quite a bit of room because the pier is ofset from the centre, so I have a large shelf setup and a computer with the monitor bolted to the wall, I have a garden chair inside for comfort!

Tree's arent actually as bad as it looks I cant view north... but who wants to!
If you can't view north how do you polar align?

If you can't view north how do you polar align?

Well you only need to do it once, luckily it was winter and the tree had no leaves on so I could see between the branches... Honestly.

If you can't see north at all you can do a drift align

Well you only need to do it once, luckily it was winter and the tree had no leaves on so I could see between the branches... Honestly.
Ah yes, winter, no leaves, good point :o
If you can't see north at all you can do a drift align
Oh yes, of course ;)

Archived