Hello everyone

Mettyman

My name is Oliver and I am 19 years old. I have been fascinated by the universe for as long as I can remember. Recently however, my interest in astronomy has sky rocketed for no apparent reason. I have been gazing up at the stars pretty much whenever I could for the past couple of months, learning the constellations and the objects in the sky by heart. After much research on the internet, I bought a Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 and I literally cannot wait for it to arrive. I have never been so excited about a thing I bought in my entire life!

I have seriously been obsessed with the universe lately, it is all I think about. The frustrating part is that I do not really have any friends with whom I can share this feeling. So I thought I would join a forum on the internet to be able to discuss things like this with people who are just like me. I hope I came to the right place!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Oliver and welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place and I'm sure you will make plenty of friends on here who share in your passion of the skies. Talking of skies, I hope they remain clear for when you take delivery of your new kit!

James

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

Hi Oliver and welcome

There are loads of us who observe alone and share their excitement here, it's a great place for it, however, have you thought of contacting your local astronomy club if there is one near you?

I have been looking for one online. But I have not had any luck with it yet. I live in a really desolate place in Denmark, in a small town in the southern part of the Danish countryside. My options are somewhat limited.

Archived