Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where is FLO ?

Deneb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where have you Guys Gone ?

We are never far away Nadeem :)

We have been closed over Easter but I have been trying to reach you by phone since before then. I first phoned shortly after I read here on SGL that you are having difficulty with your CGEM. If you check your mobile you should see my attempts, hear both my recorded messages and read my text reminding you of my mobile number. I also tried your landline where I left a message with a lady saying I was trying to reach you :eek:

I'll try again in the morning :)

Steve

We are never far away Nadeem :)

We have been closed over Easter but I have been trying to reach you by phone since before then. I first phoned shortly after I read here on SGL that you are having difficulty with your CGEM. If you check your mobile you should see my attempts, hear both my recorded messages and read my text reminding you of my mobile number. I also tried your landline where I left a message with a lady saying I was trying to reach you :eek:

I'll try again in the morning :)

Steve

Steve 3 ring rule, answer the phone with in 3 rings, there is no excuse to be honest even if mental busy under bombardment via galactic invaders.

I have been trying to contact you guys via email and phone the last week.

3 ring rule, I have lived by that rule for the last 15 years.

"that missed phone call lost me 10 grand" thats how i view it.

3 ring rule.

If you are so busy it is impossible then its busy enough to hire staff to answer it.

Earl.... def a bit harsh.... "3 Ring Rule" - a load of cods......

I've dealt with FLO before and have nothing but praise for them. By the way I am in no way affiliated to them. Just giving my honest verdict on them.

What business you in Earl?.......

Nope....we moved on from that....

It's good if you can manage it, but not the be all and end all.

Good customer service is good customer service....3 rings ....4 ....5.....6.....or more...

Any road..... lets move on

If you are so busy it is impossible then its busy enough to hire staff to answer it.

Slightly harsh, Earl - though emails should always be answered within 24hrs

roflmao.gif - You can't dismiss Earl's comment and then add "though emails should be answered within 24 hours" :eek:

- or were you being ironic? :)

I don't mind criticism Earl so long as it is constructive and well meaning. The three-rings-answer rule is classic customer service training and a good target to aim for. And I do agree that a business should have sufficient staff to answer the phone and respond to emails promptly. Generally we do but there are times when we are overwhelmed.

When faced with more calls than we can answer we let the ansafone do its stuff so we can concentrate on processing orders. When choosing between a potential sale and an existing sale, the customer waiting for his order wins. It isn't perfect, we don't like doing it and we do lose sales but we consider it the fairest solution. Most of our customers know we are not the sort to sit with our feet up chatting while the phone rings. (A handful have even volunteered to assist on our helpdesk) :)

Fortunately, with four full-time staff and one part-time we usually cope without the ansafone. Unfortunately, over the last four weeks we have been closed for SGL6, had one person ill for a week, another on holiday and of course this is the Easter weekend. Normally we can cope with illness, holidays and events but we are also experiencing the Brian Cox affect! (If you think that excuse has grown rather thin, take a look at the chart attached below). At it's height (early Jan) we were recieving over 3x our usual number of communications! Even now, over three months later, we are still recieving around 1.9x :eek:

Saying we should recruit more staff is too simplistic. It is not practical or sensible for a situation that is temporary. Astro kit does not have the same margins as spectacles, clothing or shoes (you didn't mention what you sell Earl?) so cannot support such luxurys as 'spare' staff.

We are however making some changes: Lisa will be full-time from 3rd May and we are significantly upgrading our website around 7th May. Lisa's extra hours will be spent updating customers and the new website will enable customers to login and obtain information about existing orders, so reducing the need for them to phone or email.

Meanwhile, we rely on strong coffee and lots of midnight oil! :)

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank-you for your patience.

ATB,

Steve :eek:

post-12699-133877596147_thumb.jpg

3 ring rule doesn't mean anything. If my call gets answered in 10 rings and is dealt with well I would be far happier than when the phone is answered straight away but the service no good. I can't remember the last time any of my calls were answered in 3 rings. Taking on more staff to answer the phone in 3 rings is what can drive costs up.

Hi Steve,

Does ATB mean you are At The Beach? Heeee Heeee.

Liz

I wish! :)

All The Best,

Steve

Taking on more staff to answer the phone in 3 rings is what can drive costs up.

That is a concern, particularly as some of FLO's competitors are one-man-bands run from bedrooms and garages. (Nothing wrong with that, it is how we started, but it doesn't work beyond a certain size).

Bad night dear :)

Give FLO a break, Easter is always a bad time with all the holidays and catchup work to do.

Well as a retailer I have closed on Sunday / Bank Holiday monday, but i have not stopped working, plenty to be getting on with.

The phone thing really annoys me sorry if i sound harsh on it but its a standad i am more than happy to sack staff for not following.

Steve 3 ring rule,

[...]

"that missed phone call lost me 10 grand" thats how i view it.

Hmm. I view it as "that missed call just saved me having to deal with a pedantic numpty who was bound to be a royal pain in the proverbial..." :)

Archived