NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello From Pennsylvania!

Spigot

I'd just stumbled across this forum today and spent the last few hours combing through it. Lots of good stuff here that is going to be exceptionally useful.

Just a little bit about myself, I'm living in the suburbs of central Pennsylvania. I'd suspect I'm probably one of the younger members as I just finished high school in June. College is coming up which is another nightmare altogether. I enjoy reading, writing, all that jazz.

My interest in astronomy cropped up this January with a lunar conjunction and a pretty girl who liked stars. I'm still no expert and can't seem to find my way around the sky, but it's a subject that really appeals to me. I'm trying to get some experience with stargazing, maybe make a few trips to the nearby hills when I'm properly armed with equipment and know-how.

I don't expect to be staggeringly active, but I'll definitely be around. I've already learned a ton from you guys in just this short time. Seems like a great, helpful community that I can't wait to be a part of in one form or another.

:grin:

Hi and welcome to the lounge

it makes it a lot easier to learn this great hobby when you

join SGL any problems are quickly solved you only need

to post in the relevant forum, it has helped me a great

deal, sure you will enjoy it here.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Welcome, I'm from central PA originally (Lancaster). I agree with not rushing out and buying new gear... Watch Craigslist... I just saw an 8" Zhumell Dob go for $200 in Lancaster and another one with some nice extras go for $300 in Carlisle.

Archived