NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL Shirt

Ganymede12

After having permission from the Admins and Mods to use the SGL logo I have finally made the SGL Shirt!

sml_gallery_22557_1787_259889.jpgsml_gallery_22557_1787_689196.jpg

Front View Back View

The design on the back is on a bit of an angle but other than that I think it turned out quite well!

I made this in school for a D.T project. We just made the designs then ironed them on to the shirt.

So, what do you think?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea:) we need a SGL shirt. I hope you get a good mark for it, I know how long you need to iron for to get the image to transfer over onto the shirt. I once had to do T-shirts for a team of people with a large single image on each shirt, I was up all night! :D

Well done, i remember reading your thread asking if you could do it.

I wonder if the mods and FLO would be interested in selling some more clothing/merchandice with the SGL logo on it?

I am aware there is a hat already for sale.

D.C

Well done, i remember reading your thread asking if you could do it.

I wonder if the mods and FLO would be interested in selling some more clothing/merchandice with the SGL logo on it?

I am aware there is a hat already for sale.

D.C

Now there's a thought :p

Hey Ganymede, don't let your parents know that you have been ironing a T shirt - you'll never hear the last of it because I'm sure they will find you some other 'projects' to help you develop those ironing skills! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm still pretending I can't iron very well and so far I have managed to get away with it.....but for how long? :grin:

For anyone thinking of buying an SGL beanie (close fitting hat) I would definitely recommend it as they keep your head very toastie!!! I would certainly be up for a T shirt if one was available.

James

Awsome shirt :grin: :grin:

Hey Ganymede, don't let your parents know that you have been ironing a T shirt - you'll never hear the last of it because I'm sure they will find you some other 'projects' to help you develop those ironing skills! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm still pretending I can't iron very well and so far I have managed to get away with it.....but for how long? :grin:

For anyone thinking of buying an SGL beanie (close fitting hat) I would definitely recommend it as they keep your head very toastie!!! I would certainly be up for a T shirt if one was available.

James

I thhink i might get one of them beanies, i didn't even know SGL had any merchandise :rolleyes:

After having permission from the Admins and Mods to use the SGL logo I have finally made the SGL Shirt!

sml_gallery_22557_1787_259889.jpgsml_gallery_22557_1787_689196.jpg

Front View Back View

The design on the back is on a bit of an angle but other than that I think it turned out quite well!

I made this in school for a D.T project. We just made the designs then ironed them on to the shirt.

So, what do you think?

Nice one Anthony !

Looks good, I see you have your Avatar displayed also; a great idea for recognition, at a SGL star party or other events.

That was my original idea but when I actually tried that the images didn't show up. Otherwise I would have loved to make it in black!

I like your avatar on the shirt. It would be cool if you had your SGL nic below it.

Can i make one suggestion to you about the back of the t-shirt?

Drop the image of Saturn and make the: www.stargazerslounge.com BIGGER and in black print.

If the good folk at SGL were to adopt the shirt and sell it to members, i feel the logo on the front would perhaps need to be bigger and the change to the back as i suggested.

But above all of that, you have done something great for your group and it looks great.

I can imagine you on Dragons Den in a few yrs with some really good money making ideas.

Well done to you.

P.S.~~~i am a web designer by profession. I am really only making suggestions to you (as the designer of the t-shirt) that would in my mind make it more mass-productive................if that situation ever arose.

As it is...........................i'd buy one.

Unfortunately (I'm using that word a lot recently) my schools D.T budget was, for lack of a better phrase, not there. Which meant we didn't have much material (half an A4 sheet each!) so the designs couldn't be big. :(

Unfortunately (I'm using that word a lot recently) my schools D.T budget was, for lack of a better phrase, not there. Which meant we didn't have much material (half an A4 sheet each!) so the designs couldn't be big. :(

That's education for you!! You should see if you could get a company interested in doing these, but bespoke, so that each one is different. Can't be hard i wouldn't have thought. I mean, I would buy at least three if they had my avatar and forum name on it, one to wear, one for the wash, and one for best (you know, weddings, christenings, funerals - that sort of thing.)

Perfectly understandable. You worked within a budget and it does look great.

My comments really only apply IF the people at SGL adopt the design.

Perfectly understandable. You worked within a budget and it does look great.

My comments really only apply IF the people at SGL adopt the design.

You'd think that we would have at least one garment manufacturer on SGL wouldn't you, to take up the challenge!

Archived