Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blue whale * Ha data added (post #10)*

MikeD

Ran some colour for NGC4631 last night.

R = 6 @ 15 min's

G = 18@ 5 min's

B = 15 @ 6 min's 40 sec's

Added to the 25 @ 15 min's luminance from the other night.

This is an LRGB image, I am shooting some Ha as I type.

Usual setup HX916 CCD and 10" newt.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture10509-ngc4631-l-rgb-copy2.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy... am i going to enjoy this when its finished... :D

I'm in the lakes at the moment .. skies clear and I have only lightweight wide field kit :rolleyes:

superb image,, BTW:)

Reworked with the Ha from last night.

The image is now LHa/R-G-B.

L = 25 @ 15 min's

R = 6 @ 15 min's

G = 18@ 5 min's

Ha= 9 @ 20 min's

Considering The image still needed Ha to get it right and the extended imaging time the LP filter needs, I have just removed it from the imaging train and will go back to shorter L subs and use Ha mixed with the red data as my LP filter.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture10531-ngc4631-l-har-g-b2.jpg

Reworked with the Ha from last night.

The image is now LHa/R-G-B.

L = 25 @ 15 min's

R = 6 @ 15 min's

G = 18@ 5 min's

Ha= 9 @ 20 min's

Fabulous, loads of detail.

How do you decide what lengths / how many to take of each colour?

Fabulous, loads of detail.

How do you decide what lengths / how many to take of each colour?

I used a G2V star (the sun is also a G2V star), more detail in this thread on how I decided on sub lengths and Time on each RGB was just so they all had around the same total time.

Hope that helps.

Mike.

Mike, wonderful re work on a fabulous image :), the whale has improved but I liked the star colours in the first image.. it may be just me but I'd like to see the star colour that the L/Ha has bleached out..:p

or is it my lap top...:p

I used a G2V star (the sun is also a G2V star), more detail in this thread on how I decided on sub lengths and Time on each RGB was just so they all had around the same total time.

Thanks for that.

Right so I've done a bit of googling and found the following so is that the sort of thing you do (about half way down).

Cheers

Mike, wonderful re work on a fabulous image :), the whale has improved but I liked the star colours in the first image.. it may be just me but I'd like to see the star colour that the L/Ha has bleached out..:p

or is it my lap top...:p

It's not your laptop ,I think I ran Noel's "increase star colour" action on the first edit and not on the second.:)

Right so I've done a bit of googling and found the following so is that the sort of thing you do (about half way down).

Cheers

Yes, sort of but the link you posted looks like a better method( quicker) so I will give that a go.

I have to redo the colour weighting, as I have now removed the LP filter.

Mike.

Cracking image.

Shows what's possible in the right hands with a modest-sized CCD (ref. the current long-running and interesting debate elsewhere on the lounge about CCD camera decisions!)

Archived