NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Lutterworth Leicestershire

trev7186

Hello all, I'm new to astronomy with a telescope although I have always been interested in space and everything about it since I was a child. Two things have happened recently that have spurred me on to increase my interest, one my wife and I have just started camping and two I picked up a Celestron powerseeker 114eq telescope from a local auction house for £10 although it did not have an eyepiece with it, I know this is a pretty poor telescope but I'm hoping it will give me a start. I shall be asking advice about eyepieces in the relevant forum. So now I best get off to some reading in the forums to try and learn as much as this fuddled brain can manage. Once again Hello to everyone and lets hope for a good summer and clear skys.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi and welcome ,its always better to start with a scope like this because if you dcide astronomy is not for you then its only a tenner unlike some thats spend 500and above and lose about 200 on the scope when they sell it have fun and clear skies always

Hi Trev and welcome to the forum.

Combining a scope and a tent is not a bad combination, especially if you want to experience the virtues of a really dark sky. Astronomy isn't really difficult, but like the nights sky, there is rather a lot of it to get your head around. Congratulations a getting a bargain. The scope is not as bad as you might think and will at least provide you with a benchmark from which to evaluate any future scope purchase.

Clear skies

James

Archived