Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 19th March C9.25

Alan

The seeing was poor until about 00.30 then became better up to 01.30 when I called it a night.

C9.25, DBK21. First image R5, AVI stack and then I used the fits files processed separately and combined in AVI stack to try for better image ... well different anyway :)

post-14899-133877548515_thumb.jpg

post-14899-133877548518_thumb.jpg

post-14899-13387754852_thumb.jpg

Very nice detail :hello2: :hello2:and a colour to suit most tastes :hello2:;)

The rings look a slight bit clipped :hello2:

I don't get too fussed about colour as there are a myriad of variables which affect perception.

Saturn has a fair range of colours, but is apparently predominanty a mustard colour. Most people are happy to try to match the colour of their images to what they see through the eyepiece. I think if that is your goal, and you get somewhere near that on your monitor then you are doing well.

Hello All and many thanks for your comments and support.

I have aimed for a yellowish image but with added blue that our atmosphere scatters out from images here on earth (blue sky n all that). I agree the middle image looks the best and in future I will probably stick to processing and RGB combining the resulting FITS files in AVIstack, following stacking the debayered image in R5. This appears to give much better control of the colour.

But as you say, everyone's screen (and eyes) are different so I suppose its just comes down to capturing the best detail that you can and personal preferences :hello2:

clear skies,

Alan

Hi Alan, think your results have improved with this set. good scale, and the detail is starting to come out now. Its hard with a DBK as i have one too. our scope sizes are similair ( 245 mm primary ) and saturn being so dim pushes the DBK to its limits i found. So i think your doing a fine job, Your going to love the DBK on Jupiter in the summer. as jupiter doesnt tax the sensetivety as much as saturn. I prefer the second shot for colour. The rings look more neutral white

Well done Alan....!;):hello2::icon_salut:

Colour is subjective but also influenced by a lot of variables (leaving the screen you process on completely aside!!!B))

Gamma levels can have a strong influence (again leaving the red & blue slider settings at capture alone!!!;)) as well as elevation.....and then there's processing where, along with colour balance itself, you can play with dropping the levels of each channel and/or adjusting curves.....

And if you're saving the Registax output of the DBK21 as separate fits files channels and recombining in AstraImage, you can adjust each channel's intensity in the "rgb combine" process to make significant colour rendition shifts before final prcessing in P/shop or whatever.....

But the main game is getting good images with nice detail - and it looks like you're right into this stage with your imaging now....!:hello2::icon_salut::hello2:

Many thanks, belatedly, KM and Luis for your positive comments and advice ...... I have just go back from a holiday and wanted you to know that your words didn't fall on deaf ears :D

Best wishes,

Alan

Very nice images. I've seen a few images done with a 9.25 recently and these are no exception.........very good !! I'd be interested in seeing some images done with the 127 Mak and the DBK.

Archived