Hola and hello!

jworrin

New to SGL and to astronomy in general, so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Joshua and I live in San Antonio, Tx USA. I have wanted a telescope since I was about 14 ( im 26 ), and decided to go with the Nexstar 8SE for my first scope ( tax return money!! ) So far the only thing that I don't like about the hobby is going to work with only 3 hrs of sleep from stargazing all night!! I have two eye pieces right now: the 25mm EP that came with the scope and a celestron 8mm-24mm zoom. I read a lot of opinions on telescopes on SGL, which helped me decide, so thanks!!

I have taken a few pictures of Jupiter, Saturn and the Moon with my iPhone through the 8SE, and they turned out shockingly decent. The hardest part was lining the camera up and not shaking while it took the picture. I uploaded them to my albums.

I am a computer programmer, have been doing it for 7 years now, and start college in the summer to get my Physics degree. Not sure what I want to do once I get it, but prob just keep programming.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived