Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi Y'all

PeterW

Though I might as well join a UK forum. been on cloudynights awhile. I own a range of kit, but am looking for an inexpensive f5 refractor and eyepieces for 'quick' observing..... ie quicker than the clouds can move in.

Cheers

PEterW

I'm leaning in the direction of the starTravel 102 on the AZ3 mount. I'll have a look at the size of things at AstroFest. Just need a couple of nice ep to go with it... Naglers to costly, Speers Waler probably won't reach focus and Hyperion may not be quite crisp enough...... maybe I will have to get a sneaky Nagler! If this scope doesn't have aperture it'll have field of view!

Cheers

PEterW

• 3 weeks later...

Pity the society room was being used for 'more important' business. Didn't buy much at AstroFest. Just recieved a nice large parcel from FirstLightOptics though... placed an order for a 102AZ3, unfortunately Steve informed me that there were not likely to be any available for a couple of months..... would I like to take the 120AZ3 instead. A very generous offer, scope arrived last night, managed to get a quick look at the moon through cloud, nice and detailed. It is definately slightly bigger than I expected, but looks robust, the mount is solid. Going to enjoy testing it out soon on Saturn and Venus and other assorted objects from Celestial Sampler by Sue French.

Once again a big cheer to Steve from FLO, very good customer service.

Cheers

PEter

I think we should ban Steve from selling anymore gear.....it is obviously his fault for the cloud covering the land ! :lol::D

Fat chance :D

A container ship docked this week carrying a load of HEQ5 and EQ6 mounts 8)

And this time, one of them has my name on it :cheers:

Archived