Telescope now purchased

Mister-t

Hi all.

I joined this forum about a month ago looking to buy a Celestron 4SE. I ended up purchasing a 127SLT on ebay from another amateur astronomer at about 1/3 the cost of the 4SE.

My first experince was this week seeing the moon. Wow, to see it in the eyepiece for the first time was surreal, you could almost grab it!!

I was keen to try astrophotography so purchased the SPC880 webcam from Morgan Computers (Thanks for all the posts about this - its great to see the effort people have gone to). I plan to add the various mods as I am an electronics engineer - maybe you'll see some DIY posts from me later :(.

I have a wish list of 'accessories' and hope to pop into the Hertford astonomy club soon to pick up some 'tips' and expertise (as I work in Welwyn anyway).

I've attached my first captured CCD images (from a long sequence) - this was 'straight out of the box'. Hope to improve this and use the stacking SW available. Its all very exciting.

post-24312-133877544614_thumb.jpg

post-24312-133877544619_thumb.jpg

post-24312-133877544623_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your welcoming and encouraging comments.

One question I have, is it possible to reduce the image size from the CCD or is this purely dictated by the telescope optics. Would be nice to have the complete moon in the frame, like with a 25mm eyepiece. I have read abour reducers. Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Archived