Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looks like the forum will be dead tonight :)

malc-c

Well what a wonderful day... after weeks of cloud it was nice to see some blue sky.

Got out of work early, scope is cooling down now.... and by the look of the weather forecast I'm guessing most of us will be out making the most of the clear skies... Apart from you poor bu**ers in NI and Western Scotland - :) sorry guys !

ukvis_sat_201103071700.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) At last! Tonight, I want to see the ISS with the shuttle docked, then try and locate Mercury (might be too soon yet) , and say hello again to Saturn.

P.S. I don`t think I will see the shuttle docked to the ISS, I just found out that it has undocked.

I am so looking forward to having my first proper night out with my binos - me, stellarium and binos - bliss, well that is if my 22 month old twins stay asleep!

... Apart from you poor bu**ers in NI and Western Scotland - :p sorry guys !

To use some local vernacular.............

'get it right up ye' :)

:DOnly kidding. Jealous. Have fun folks !

Cheers,

Andy

To be fair if tonight is clear then its been 5 days since i had a cloudy sky (getting bored now) :p

But the seeing hasnt been all that good.........:)

During the day has been fun as well what with the Sun playing ball.

To be fair if tonight is clear then its been 5 days since i had a cloudy sky (getting bored now) :p

But the seeing hasnt been all that good.........:)

During the day has been fun as well what with the Sun playing ball.

Lucky for some :) Looking quite hazy here now though so Im feeling a bit better about work... well maybe not

Looking forwards to getting out again, must remember to wrap up warm though as I was forced in last night after only an hour because of it!!!

P.S Anyone know how to prevent dew on eyepieces? I had my 14mm SW out and after 20 minutes of constant use the eye lens was fogging up when I placed my eye near to it to observe. I was using it at the time so no chance to put it in my pocket to warm up again.

P.S Anyone know how to prevent dew on eyepieces?

You can get dew heaters for eyepieces or use a 12v hairdryer to give the eyepiece a quick blast if you have a battery or powerpack of some kind.

From talking to other peeps at the weekend at Kielder I understand that they often mist up because you've breathed on them. Worth bearing in mind :)

Steve

Well what a wonderful day... after weeks of cloud it was nice to see some blue sky.

Got out of work early, scope is cooling down now.... and by the look of the weather forecast I'm guessing most of us will be out making the most of the clear skies... Apart from you poor bu**ers in NI and Western Scotland - :) sorry guys !

Keep Stevenage clear till I get home, I promise not to drag any clouds home from London!

I am so looking forward to having my first proper night out with my binos - me, stellarium and binos - bliss, well that is if my 22 month old twins stay asleep!

Hope they keep quiet for you MrsR.. Im gonna be doing almost the same but with star map pro in my hands :p I'll PM you with my results from West Londinium!

Best of luck everyone else too.. hope you all get perfect skies and good long observing time (How many of us are going to be late for work tomorrow!) :)

You can get dew heaters for eyepieces or use a 12v hairdryer to give the eyepiece a quick blast if you have a battery or powerpack of some kind.

From talking to other peeps at the weekend at Kielder I understand that they often mist up because you've breathed on them. Worth bearing in mind :)

Steve

Cheers I'll keep that in mind, the hairdryer trick sounds ideal, I often use it for the secondary but never on eyepieces :p

I have read a snippet on another site that says that eye moisture can be a cause of misting up, the problem can be exacerbated by the eyecup retaining the moisture.

Archived