Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looks like the forum will be dead tonight :)

malc-c

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I have just put my 15 year old TV 101 out to cool. I was a bit dubious

about buying it , but it is gradually creeping in to my favour, I actually quite

like it , but I don't want it to know yet. Hope everyone has a brill time.

mijijim

Clear tonight - what are you talking about? Cloud over most of Scotland and much of Northern Ireland.

This is a UK Forum isn't it?

Grumpily (due to envy and bad weather),

Tom

Yes, but fair's fair - Scotland gets more Aurorae!!

Ive just come back inside from a quick session. Finally found M42 \•/ only taken me 3 blumming months... The girlfriend was impressed too :). Now I'm waiting to show her Saturn. Supposed to be clear tomorrow night and Wednesday also :p

Dazz

Harrrrrrrummph... Got a good couple of hours last night before turning in. Now in London with work ... how does anyone in down here *ever* get to see *anything*?!?

Have tried remote viewing - rang and asked Mrs what is was like .. "I can see lots of stars" - not quite the descriptionI was looking for!

Vicariously cycling through Messier objects on Flickr / Wikipedia et al

R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albireo380 viewpost.gif

Clear tonight - what are you talking about? Cloud over most of Scotland and much of Northern Ireland.

This is a UK Forum isn't it?

Grumpily (due to envy and bad weather),

Tom

Yes, but fair's fair - Scotland gets more Aurorae!!

True Kharga, but not enough of them.

I hope all you folk down South have a good, clear observing/imaging session. I am off to grump moodily. :)

Tom

It's clear here in Taunton but boy is it murky... just collecting some OIII subs of IC410 before turning my attention to M81/82 for some Ha... hopefully I can get the RGB done at SGL6 as doing it here just isn't going to work...

James

Wonderfully clear to the North, pity half of my view is obscured by the hill we live on. South East and West are filling up with murky mist and my glasses got some dirt and / or dew so got annoyed and called it a night.

Kept trying to focus on Saturn with the bins but just got double vision, fine looking at Orion to the West though, damned frustrating!! I think it must be to do with the sky glow from Scarborough in the East, that and the bushes which my eyes always want to focus on; to the West and North it's nice and dark.

First time out in ages too, grrr.

I've just come back from North Lincs Astro group first meet tonight and using my new SK 80 ED , nice dark skies an even saw the shuttle and ISS fly past

Seems like those who don't have to work, or live south of Shefield have had an ideal night. I've had to call it a night, and due to my location Saturn is still behind a thick hedge :)

Did manage to take some images - most were full of noise (crappy Olympus DSLR) but I did manage a decent solar image and this one of Sirius

sirus.png

One single exposure, RAW converted to PNG and then cropped in Photoshop.... quite a rewarding evening... the Goto pointed out several objects I've never seen, including double clusters - can't wait to go to SGL6 and see how this scope performs under really dark skies

For those who are staying out... wrap up warm and may the skies remain clear 'til Dawn

Just been watching Saturn from my bedroom window, with my birdwatching scope. When it first cleared the trees about 10.30, it was just a wobbly dot, and I wasn't even sure I had the right object. I gave it half an hour or so to get a bit higher, and things were much better. Definitely a disk with rings, which is as much as I'm going to get with my scope.

I'm not going to see much from this location, but there was sufficient interest in (a) chasing the planet with my camera tripod, which does not have slo-mo controls, and (:) preventing the cats from making kamikaze leaps from the wide-open window.

Mary

So glad alot of you are having a good night seeing! for me i had to attend an AGM

so i got out earlier to try and spot the shuttle Now, according to the data

SHUTTLE Mon Mar 07/07:23 PM 3 15 13 above WSW 11 above S

i ahould have been able to spot it at the above time but no joy! so i was a little disappointed.. I have seen the ISS but hoped to see the shuttle to wave it goodbye... HaS ANYONE else ever managed to spot it? thanks!

Well tonight had two positives:

1. Got the NEQ6 3 star aligned and semi polaris aligned.

2. Good views of Orion Nebula, found the Rosette Nebula (just about see the nebulae itself) and tried the horsehead it's too dim for the 105mm visually.

Archived