Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello everybody!

RobertB

Hi all,

I'm Robert and I live in Berkshire (between Reading and Newbury) and on those brief occasions when it isn't cloudy the skies are pretty dark.

Currently my main scope is a 8" dob, although I am hoping to upgrade to something a little larger soon, which will also open up the world of imaging for me to explore.

Due to my job (I'm a professional magician) I haven't joined either Reading or Newbury astronomy clubs as they meet on Friday's and Saturdays - my busy nights. But as I have questions that I'll want answers to when I upgrade the scope and enter imaging I thought it would be a great idea to join the forum.

Hope to chat to you all soon!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Robert - must be a close neighbour to me in Goring - I'm pretty much a brand new member too so welcome to afellow newbie.

Looks like tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be pretty clear our way - hooray !!

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum

(From another magician, not professional like yourself but well enough versed, although currently still trying to get my head around Tamariz' Mnemonica..) :)

Hi Robert and a warm welcome to SGL from Hungerford

I haven't been to Newbury Astro yet myself - I think they do a starter evening once a month on a Wednesday which I must get to - want to see what I can see with different types of scopes

Archived