Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New To Skygazers

wpitcairn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Just thought I would post an update, my new Skymax 127 was delivered on Tuesday, not bad as I only placed the order on Sunday evening. I put it all together last night and had a play with using the auto-track mount indoors. I could not believe how quiet the tracking mode was at first I had to get very close to confirm that is was moving. No chance to go out last night as there was a dense cloud base. Everything works and the scope is in good condition. It seems to be that the autotrak option comes with a blue scope and normal finder while other mount options have a different scope finish and colours.

Looking forward to getting out tonight when the kids are all in bed.

Will

I managed to get out and try my new Skymax 127 tonight with the moon and Jupiter.

The moon was quite clear and I managed to pick out some faint banding on Jupiter. However focus was quite tricky with the 10 mm lens. Anyone have any tips on improving the focus control?

I setup the mount for tracking and this seemed to work reasonably well.

I managed to get out and try my new Skymax 127 tonight with the moon and Jupiter.

The moon was quite clear and I managed to pick out some faint banding on Jupiter. However focus was quite tricky with the 10 mm lens. Anyone have any tips on improving the focus control?

I setup the mount for tracking and this seemed to work reasonably well.

Hi and Welcome...

Focusing with the Mak on the Autotrak mount can be a little fiddly as adjusting the focus knob causes quite a lot of wobble, just make tiny adjustments and wait for the wobble to stop.

Jupiter might not be that easy to get a clear view at the moment as it's very low in the sky and you will be looking through a lot of atmosphere and LP.

Saturn is a much better target at the moment, any time after about 11pm should provide stunning views in the Mak.

Archived