NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from the Borders

daveyp

Hello to you all, my 11 yr old son and I have been stargazing now for quite a while with binos and the naked eye- and now we've finally taken the plunge and ordered a SW explorer 150P EQ3-2 mount.

And to be honest I really cant wait for it to come! We are both completely captivated by the night sky, but are now feeling the need to look a bit deeper into the dark stuff.

Have been looking at this forum for a while now and must say its a really great source of info/opinion.

cheers

Dave

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Binos are great and are a necessary part of our armoury, but there are moments when you want just a closer close for a bit more detail. You're certainly coming at astronomy from the right direction.

Clear skies for the arrival of your new scope!

James

hi dave, i am near wigtown, my friend mike runs the centre at whithorn, and we run the galloway starcamp down here, you never know we may see you here , or the kielder one . these events are a great way to learn and meet folk. check out the threads in meetings and events.

cheers steve

Archived