Hello from Arizona

GrizzlyBear

Hi all

well its been year since I owned a scope and it was a 4 inch Newtonian. Well since retirement I been in and outa hobbies but this was always in the bak of mind. After stumbling across a Dobsonian DIY scope, I was sold immediately. It get me in the garage away from the Wife, Lets me use my vast collection of tools, and lets me make something I can use in my own backyard. So stay tuned for some pics as I go through this journey.

Plans for the Dob is a 10 inch f5. Should be a good start. I am very glad to be here to pick all your brains.

Just a side note most call me Griz.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi and welcome to SGL Griz. I hope you're going to give us pics of the build along the way :)

Oh for sure Roger, thank you for the Welcome

Hello GrizzllyBear and a warm welcome to SGL. Looking forward to following you through your journey.

phillc

Phill, I think I am looking forward to it as much as anything, Thank you for the Welcome

hi welcome to sgl ;) from bedfordshire

Thank You Bunny , Glad to be here.

Hi Griz, welcome to SGL :)

Thank you Mr Spock

Welcome to the club, hope you like it here.

JohnH.

Thanks John, I hope so too.;)

hello and welcome to sgl

Thanks Night.

Hello and welcome! :)

Thank you Brendan

Hello Arizona and welcome to SGL..............you must get fantastic clear nights on a regular basis

Thanks Supercharged, It fantastic clear nights here. 300 days of sunshine a year is what they claim, but more like 250.;)

hi Griz and welcome to the forum ,good luck with the build

pat

Thaqnks a bunch Todd!!! Looking forward to the build as much as gazing at the stars.

Welcome Griz. Sounds like many a long evening ahead in the garage for you then!

Make sure you get the coffee on so you can stay awake.

Thank you Jimmy. I hope not to many nites in the garage. But if it has to be, Then so be it. I am one who has patience. Coffee is always at hand. Maybe turn into a 3 pot a day Project.;)

Hi Griz and welcome to the forum.

Look forward to seeing the developments and wish you well on your endeavour! (endeavor U.S ;) ).

Clear skies

James

Thanks James. I am hoping no developments occur. :) if you get my drift. ;)

Hi Griz and welcome from the cloudy side of the pond

Thank you Nobby, I been to the UK quite a bit in my day and your right UK= Clouds. LOL

Hi, welcome and good luck!

Thanks John

Hi Griz

Welcome to the lounge.

Love the user name.

Built myself a 10" F/4.5 Dob, its a great size scope:)

Clear skies Steve

Thanks Steve. I am hopeing that mine turns out well. We will see.:)

Hi Griz and welcome to SGL

Thanks Rusty

Archived