NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another new star gazer

BobMax1200

Hi all,

I have had an interest in star gazing and also Planet finding since I can remember.Now I have the time to spend on this hobby.I also want to get some reasonable pictures of the Planets and Nebula's if possible,unfortunately I live near Bristol so the light pollution is fairly bad.What sort of magnitude would I expect to see ie what deep space objects .I find that my other enjoyment(motorcycling) has had an additional benefit in that the warm suit I bought for winter riding is ideal for nights out under the stars,keeps me warm as toast.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum.

As another Bristolian here, I can confirm the sky is @£$&*ing rubbish. Planets, double stars are not effected but with regards to deep sky objects, hopeless. You'll have to come out with my observing group to Marshfield! Sky is totally different and you can see where to look for your objects, if you know what I mean. If you're interested, send me a personal message! (top right hand corner of the screen by your tag) and we''ll sort something out.

Clear skies

James

Archived