Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Gateshead

phw26

Hi,

My name is Peter and I live in Gateshead in the north east of England.

I have always wondered at the stars on a clear dark night and know a few of the “popular” star formations. So at the age of 62 I have decided to upgrade from my binoculars to a telescope and learn more about our wonderful universe.

I have a limited southerly view of the sky from my back garden with nearby street lights, not perfect but it will give me practice with my new “toy” ready for when the better weather to comes. We go away at weekends a lot with our tent to campsites which have lovely dark skies, so I hope have some good viewing.

I have been looking around you forum and have learned from you a lot already, will undoubtedly learn a lot more.

Best Regards to you all.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi Peter from another Geordie. The forecast is for clear skies here tonight so we might get some decent viewing. cheers :-)

Thanks for the info Sim. just looked outside and can see brakes in the cloud.

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

It seems there are a few of us waiting for better skies but it is worth the wait. I hope you don't my saying but I found your message a bit tricky to read with the dark writing. ;)

Clear skies soon!

James

hello and welcome. How about going to Kielder for the spring starcamp on 3rd March.

http://stargazerslounge.com/star-parties/116409-kielder-spring-sp-2011-a.html

I live not far from you at Cleadon and am a member of Sunderland Astro that meet at Washington Wetlands Trust where you would be welcome

Sunderland Astronomical Society

Welcome Peter.

Wow there are quite a few new northerns coming on board at the moment!

I am also going to the Kielder star camp in March. Just for the evening tho, will not be pitching a tent this time.

Hopfully we will have clear skies. ;)

Allie

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

It seems there are a few of us waiting for better skies but it is worth the wait. I hope you don't my saying but I found your message a bit tricky to read with the dark writing. ;)

Clear skies soon!

James

Yes same here I don't know what I did wrong. I just typed and sents lets see what this reply turns out like.

hello and welcome. How about going to Kielder for the spring starcamp on 3rd March.

http://stargazerslounge.com/star-parties/116409-kielder-spring-sp-2011-a.html

I live not far from you at Cleadon and am a member of Sunderland Astro that meet at Washington Wetlands Trust where you would be welcome

Sunderland Astronomical Society

Thanks. Washington sounds great. I will look on their website for dates etc.

Archived