Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hello all

mindburner

hi I have being doing the usual new person 'question asking' and just realised that I had not said hello properly.

Basically I love science and astronomy in particular. I had (still have somewhere) an old pathescope 70mm reflector in my youth. The tripod was pants but the scope actually showed pretty clear views of the planets and moon, even with stingy 1" eyepieces:)

It was enough to get me more interested. My wife then bought me a Meade ETX90. The optics were good but there was always a fault with the tracking mount which limited it a bit. Plus no decent apeture.

The good folks on here have been helping me decide on a scope, so the 12" skywatcher auto looks like it's it. Just waiting for my Tesco interest free credit card to arrive to hit it hard.

I will put up a beginners review if/when I manage to get some starlight down the tube.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Good choice and very nice views. Observe with a group of guys where most of then have the same aperture reflectors and I can confirm the views are great. If you can get it out to a dark site, you might not want to come home till sunrise. :):D

Clear skies

James

Archived