NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 1st Hubble palette

prokyon

Hi folks,

yesterday I could collect some OIII and SII data for my Rosette Nebula pic.

And so I can present my 1st Hubble palette:

Hubble_Plaette_Rosette.jpg

Ha: 19x900s, OIII: 7x900s, SII: 6x900s with Pentax75 and Moravian G2-8300FW

50%:

http://www.prokyon.startime.at/Bilder/Hubble_Plaette_Rosette_50Perc.jpg

The OIII frames are not in focus. I thought, that it would be the same for SII an OIII, delusion! But I could collect my 1st experiences in using the Hubble palette. Its fun, I will continue...

Cheers

Werner

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was an excellent result, especially enjoyed the overall sharpness and the detail in the shock waves and dust lanes. I thought the colour was a bit off compared to the general interpretation of the Hubble palette. Hope you don't mind but I lifted your picture and modified it in Photoshop using selective colour. Basically subtract cyan from the yellow and green, add some magenta to promote the yellowish gold colour and then add cyan or some blue to the cyan and maybe a tiny adjustment subtracting white from cyan to make the blue more vivid.

It looked ok here, not sure how it will stand the transition to the web!

Dennis

post-15519-133877523574_thumb.jpg

Simply stunning, great data & superb processing, & it's really hard to belive that this is your first hubble palette photo, true natural! :(

What filters are you using? I've heard some ppl saying that it's good to double the amount of S2 & O3 subs compared to Ha, 'cause of the weak signals, any hints you can share, which channels where the noisiest?

Can't wait to give it a try, 'cause I've got my new three S2/Ha/O3 filters on my desk , just waiting for the extra filterwheel. (& loong clear nights)

I too gave it a quick play with selective color in photoshop, using the great tips from Dennis & Paul, really helpfull, since I'm waiting for a chance to try Hubble palette myself for the first time, hope you don't mind me practicing with your data :confused: I ended up with slightly different colors, I think I'll aim for colors like this when I start shooting S2HaO3 myself

Once again, your results are fantastic, not to mention you just had the camera for such a short time :)

post-20299-133877523748_thumb.jpg

Archived