Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 1st Hubble palette

prokyon

you will find the Rosette very rich in Ha so not much exposure needed there, a couple of hours should do it. You normally need more S2 than O3 as the stretching involved to get close to the true Hubble palette murders the S2 data. Also most nebula do not emit strongly in S2 so two reasons why you need lots of it.

My last Rosette had 150m per channel which made the processing a bit different. To match 150m of Ha/O3 I would go for closer to 250m of S2.

See here Astrophotography

Dennis

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah good to know, thanks alot for clearing that up for me, wanting to be well prepared for my first attempt, whenever that'll be.

Wow you got some awesome photos there, Dennis! And fantastic job on the processing, I really like those

thats a good looking image there grinde. Colour balance looks good to me.

My theory is that you should only really see reds and blues, superimposed against the Ha. Of course, because the ha is so strong it is easy to let it dominate the image, and it looks really green. The best NB images dont show green (or hardly any).

The noisiest channel usually is the sulphur. The OIII is usually reasonable toward the centre of nebulae where there is high temp/energies. SII usually appears in regions that are being compressed. Like where the expanding shell of gas hits the ISM

paul

Archived