Hey!

Jonnywb

Hey everyone,

...another newbie has arrived! :D

I've recently been getting into photography which has been great, but a month or two ago, my brother decided that he was enjoying his astronomy stuff and decided to buy a telescope!

The Sky-Watcher Explorer 200p (EQ5)...

I decided to try it out, loved it, bought a T-mount adapter for my Canon 550D and now I'm hooked!

So, I guess I'm here just to find out as much as I can, mainly with astrophotography, but I'd like to know what it is that I'm photographing first! :evil1:

Thanks,

Jb.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello JB, a warm welcome to the SGL forum, to explore the wonders of the Heavens you can download the free program Stellarium and a good book like Turn Left @ Orion is also a useful reference, the imaging section is where to ask your questions on photography, as there a many members able to help with your problems.

John.

Hi Jonny and welcome to the forum,

Researching first is the key part of pitching your expectations with regards to astrophotography (..the Darkside:D). To this end, can I recommend that you get hold of a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). It will tell you what you need, why you need it and how to use it to get the level of image that you're after. Having an overview of what it all entails is important because taking images with webcams or putting a camera on a tripod for a wide field image of the sky is one thing. As soon as you start putting a camera on a scope then that's when the fun starts.

This book is a good read and very informative and in fact it might even save you money.

Clear skies

James

Hi

Welcome to SGL..

Theres alot of photographers comming aboard lately....As said in a few posts,download a free copy of Stellerium to plan your sessions and to know what your shooting.

Have fun.....Nice Cam by the way;)

Rob:cool:

Archived