Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I failed!

redfox1971

I had planned to get up at 4 this morning,alarm went off I went and looked out the window looked very cold frosty,clear sky,but something in my head said back to bed it's warm, o well maybe next time I can overcome that thought lol,but was nice and warm lol.

Wasn't worth it this morning though. You made the right choice. :)

I didn't. :) Wasted valuable bed time looking at washed out moon lit sky which was suffering with chronically bad transparency as well and bottom draw, worst of worst seeing. Rewarded with a truly awful view of Saturn for my troubles. I think i will mothball my scopes until this wretched winter is over.

Yup! Same here. I had the scope out earlier to have a go at imaging Jupiter - better than the previous attempt but still only good in a modern art gallery where smudgy blobs are really fashionable. Because my little balcony faces northwest Orion wasn't within range of my scope until 11pm and I have stil not yet had a look at M42 through my Xmas scope but I looked down and saw frost on the car roofs (I refuse to believe that rooves is a real word) and the fact that I was wearing my PJ's assisted my decision-making that perhaps a nice warm bed was in order instead. In retrospect perhaps I should have gone out for a couple of hours cos the baby kept us up til 4am in the end anyway!!!

Yesterday up to evening and the night before were great here, clear and steady 8-)

The only upside to the chest infection waking me at 4 every night is that when I get the coffee to try to stop coughing, I can get the bins / scope out. As a bonus I dont have to worry about work the next day (doc signed me off until Monday).

Needless to say its gone cloudy now, just after I had nearly got the EQ5 mount working - that I obtained in November.

Making the most of when its clear I know is easier said than done. I try and make the effort because when the cloudy nights come in (and stay in) you don't feel so bad about missing out on any lost observing. Is it me or does it seem that there is some connection between a cloudless night sky and the moon's bright appearance?

James

Archived