Newbie Here

Susie_Moon

Hi Everyone,

I'm very very new to this. Received my first telescope at Christmas. I have a Celestron Astromaster 130eq MD - Very big and only used the basics so far. Any tips would be much appreciated about the telescope or the skies.

Thanx Susie :icon_eek:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there Susie welcome to SGL , as far as your scope goes i would recommend getting hold a a collimating eyepiece so you can check or / and adjust the collimation ( some great video tutorials on utube on this subject ) plus make sure you give it enough cooldown time ( maybe 30 mins ) .

Regards Alan

Hi Susie and welcome to SGL :icon_eek:

Nice choice of first scope - very useful the 130eq - but believe me - it ain't big lol. You will need to look up polar alignment - search for Astro Baby's guide in the primers section or in google.

For the sky - download "Stellarium". It's free and very good planetarium software - just about everyone has it (or Cartes du Ciel).

Hope that helps :D

Hi Susie and welcome to the forum.

I agree with John's suggestion of "Turn Left At Orion" BUT there is a new edition out in spring which will include revised tables/dates, as those in the current edition are only valid up to and including this year. Its not the cheapest book but would like you to get best value from this resource if you are prepared to hang on.

Clear skies and keep warm!

James

Archived