Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Sunny Glasgow

floyd.h

Hi

I recently inherited a Meade ETX125 and quickly become hooked. I have been browsing this forum for a while as a guest and have picked up a lot of very useful info. I’m still a complete novice so I don’t expect to be a net contributor for a while yet.

I just wish the weather wasn’t so perpetually dreech in Glasgow – it’s no wonder we all drink too much! :D

Congratulations on a fantastic forum –

Alan

Hi Alan,

I know what you mean about bad weather. I can't remember a worse Oct-December in Glasgow for years. I have managed exactly 3 hours of observing over the last 6 weeks.

You might be interested in coming along to the Astronomy Society of Glasgow monthly meetings/lectures. We next meet on Thursday 21st December --- google ASG and you will find our web site (or PM me and I can give you the details). The lectures are usually interesting and we have an active group of observers that also meet up at the Acre Road observatory twice a month. We are also running "Moon in Bloom" sessions at the Botanic gardens and "Mugdock Star Sessions" out towards Blanefield. So lots of like minded people for you to talk to.

Welcome to SGL

Tom

Hi Alan,

I know what you mean about bad weather. I can't remember a worse Oct-December in Glasgow for years. I have managed exactly 3 hours of observing over the last 6 weeks.

You might be interested in coming along to the Astronomy Society of Glasgow monthly meetings/lectures. We next meet on Thursday 21st December --- google ASG and you will find our web site (or PM me and I can give you the details). The lectures are usually interesting and we have an active group of observers that also meet up at the Acre Road observatory twice a month. We are also running "Moon in Bloom" sessions at the Botanic gardens and "Mugdock Star Sessions" out towards Blanefield. So lots of like minded people for you to talk to.

Welcome to SGL

Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for the info - I can't manage next weeks meeting but would be very interested in coming along to the following session. I found the ASG website so will keep checking it.

The forecast seems to be better for this weekend so hopefully we'll get some respite from these Atlantic weather systems for a while. That just leaves the light pollution to contend with. :)

Alan

Okay Alan,

See you at SGL when you can make it.

My 'scopes are straining at the leash to get out. Christmas shopping will DEFINITELY FINISH by 3pm tomorrow - so I will be able to load up the car and set off to a dark sky site if the weather is good - here's hoping.

Tom

Archived