Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope arrived today

Donkeyears

Hi Folks,

I have been a member of this forum since 14th Dec, and I'm pleased to say my telescope arrived today from the good people at FLO, a Celestron nexstar 127 SLT. It was unpacked as soon as I got home and assembled at near light speed. I looked outside (17:30) and saw a break in the clouds, that was it, it went straight out and not even using the GOTO (no batteries) I took my first look through it. I thought there was something wrong at first as I could see two stars where I could only see one visually. Great! I thought a duff one, only when I checked again with stellarium did I realise it was a double star I was looking at:iamwithstupid:. After that I managed to see Jupiter and 4 moons (incredible sight) and could even make out the banding. Then the clouds rolled in, but I still have a big grin on my face. Am I happy , you bet :eek::D:D

If you think Jupiter is good, get up early (or stay up late) and catch Saturn. When I first saw it through a scope I literally couldn't bring myself to look away. I must have spent ages looking at it. It was so different from anything else.

Archived