Wow loved Stargazing Live on bbc2 just now!

lilyhopestar

Hello, am new on this site, literally just found it after watching awesome prog on TV just now re stars. Hv also just finished book - View from the Centre of the Universe and am becoming very very interested in the universe out there. All very new to me though so hope I can learn something from this forum :eek:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still fairly new to this site but there are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here, they will use abbreviations and jargon which make your head explode at times but they don't mind if you ask a million 'stupid' questions :eek:

Oh and welcome!

Welcome to site,

We were all new at it once and this is one of the most friendly and informative site I found (After looking at a few).

No question is too silly and everyone is greatfull to give their knowledge if they can.

Welcome to the site. I've been away for the past week on holiday, but with the current Stargazers programme running on BBC 2 I would imagine membership of this forum has exploded!

A friend of mine bought his young daughter a telescope for chirstmas and has become interested in astronomy, plus his girlfriend. And about 5 friends and aquaintences in my social circle have gained an interest too.

It is a wonderful time to have an interest in the 'father of the sciences'; almost a current trend and therefore no longer geeky!lol!

Archived