Another hello!

wedgeski

Hi all! I'm finally going to find some time (and money) for hobby-stronomy this year and have just started researching my first purchase. This looks like a friendly spot indeed and I'm already enjoying the forums. I look forward to sharing all my mistakes with you! :eek:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow what a lovely welcome! Thanks to everyone for stopping by.

I took the plunge last night and opted for the Skywatcher Explorer 130M. It was bang-on budget and is recommended here and all over the web as an excellent starter package.

I also got great service from the guys at First Light prior to purchase, as expected given all the good things said about them on SGL. :eek:

So, hopefully everything will arrive in the next few days and I can look forward to a weekend of setting up and, weather permitting, maybe even some stargazing.

Out of interest I'm based in Worcester, but a little to the south away from the center so the light pollution isn't nearly as bad. Certainly on a clear night the moon and stars seem quite brilliant so I'm confident of getting some good results.

Archived