Newbie, AGAIN! :)

dr.espo

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all!

Due to my daughters recent interest in astronomy I am back in the fold. She asked for (and received) a Celestron Nexstar6SE for Christmas! We are now working on setting it up for our first stargazing experience...however, the weather here is non-cooperative...major snowstorm on the way!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself here on this thread. I have previous experience with a Dobsonian 10.1 inch Coulter Optical scope (anyone out there remember that unit???) that I used for years. Basic, no frills sonotube...but, a lot of fun!

This SC looks extremely interesting and the options available now are incredible...hope to get some helpful advice from all of you especially those with a Nexstar scope. I realize this site is located in the UK and hope you don't mind an interloper from across the pond!

Have a great holiday weekend :)

Mike

Thanks kindly for all the quick welcomes, feels like i'm right at home :)

Now, I'm off to ask some extremely novice questions about astro-photography. Although I had a reflector for many years it was very basic and I never attempted a photo. Now I'm wondering what attachments I'll need...i'd like to be able to use my ocular AND have a camera attached to another port...

Mike

Archived