NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Its beautifull out there tonight.

Earl

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes very clear in Herefordshire. Set up the Dob and viewed 5 more Herschel 400 DSOs in Pegasus. Also had a go at Stephan's Quintet - possible sighting but not certain.

I also viewed M74, M33, M31 (M32/M110) and NGC 891.

Fitted new shroud on my flextube using a Lightbridge shroud from Astro Boot - had enough over to also make a dew shield. This kept the scope clear - viewed for over 3 hours. It was a bit cold!

Mark

Retired out of the obs to the office to wirelessly check the images come in.

Tooo darn cold out there, by heater was doing nothing even with me feet directly on it :)

NGC 891 (DSO forum) in the back, failed on M1 so now re-doing a classic, flame and HH to see what difference the CCD makes over the 1000D I last used on this target :D

Good luck all....

Well, ive just disturbed in my sleep and peeked around the curtains. I now have a 50% clear sky, and a possible glow to the northern horizon. (To about 4 degree high, but its difficult in these conditions).

I also have 6" of new snow! That could make getting Julia "interesting" at 7.30.

Archived