Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

scope rack

DaveGibbons

Hi All, I had time on my hands today so decided I was fed up with My refractors sitting on the bedroom floor, I knocked up a simple storage rack to keep them safe. Made with bits of my daughters old wooden bed! I will tidy it up a bit put some felt on the arms and stain it . The scopes are my new Tal 100rs f10 with crayford , cut down AR5 f9.3 for binoviewing fitted with a moonlite and celestron 120xlt f8.3 with dual rate skywatcher crayford. Yes I like achromat refractors and crayford focusser's! Heres a few pics!

cheers

Dave

post-12720-133877499081_thumb.jpg

post-12720-133877499089_thumb.jpg

post-12720-133877499096_thumb.jpg

post-12720-133877499104_thumb.jpg

post-12720-133877499112_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)Nice bit of DIY there Dave, and a nice collection of scopes as well!:eek:

It'll be interesting if you can post a comparison of all three if we ever get another clear night Dave:p.

I reckon you could sell one of your "racks" to my other half if it was a bit bigger...she'd be happy to stretch me out on it next time I buy another scope:p:D

:)Nice bit of DIY there Dave, and a nice collection of scopes as well!:eek:

It'll be interesting if you can post a comparison of all three if we ever get another clear night Dave:p.

I reckon you could sell one of your "racks" to my other half if it was a bit bigger...she'd be happy to stretch me out on it next time I buy another scope:p:D

Dave, I will get my reviewers hat on if I can get a run of clear nights!

Tonight is looking good for first light with the Tal , clear around midnight.

Just have to watch out for fireworks!

cheers

Dave

superb Dave - reuse and recycle - love it! my old Celestron looks at home. :eek:

I did buy her a new bed-honest! Shane, your 120xlt is a great scope and it would be a shame to spoil the look of the rack, rather hope it doesn't sell as it's the widest field scope I have, great on open clusters!

cheers

Dave

It's a shame you can't just pick the lot up and stick the whole set up on a mount! :) (...Hmmmm now there's an idea)

You've done a good job there - but I'll wait to see whether any of the dragons on 'Dragons Den' decide to invest - I'm in, but I will want 30% equity! :D:D

James

Fireworks!

Oh! Must be Guy Fawkes Day celebration.

Yup, it's when we celebrate some one trying to blow up the houses of parliament. :)

We're planning a much bigger celebration for when some one actually succeeds. :):D:D

Archived