23/10/10 APOD: Orion Head to Toe

Euan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a complete sky map of this detail available?

I wouldn't want it to be honest, I would be hitting one of those areas with 20 min subs and coming up with nothing, it would be really depressing :)

I'm still dragging my lower jaw off the floor......

That's one of the most awesome images I've ever seen taken of the night sky, look at the 'red curtain' around the horsehead, I've never seen that before.

Just amazing, a worthy APOD.

John

Thats it, I'm done, whats the point...... :)

Only kidding, if that image dosnt inspire you to get out there and keep banging away I dont know what is.

I have no idea what equipment he used but can you attach a nifty fifty to an Atik 11000 and focus it?

Splendid. The best (and by a long way) that I've ever seen. Orion really IS one big nebula and Barnard's, cradling our old favourites, really shows its structure here. How EEB would have loved to see this.

Amateurs can do something new in the widefield arena where you need time rather than giant optics.

I am trying to hold out agains an Atik 11000 and this image is not helping!!!!

Olly

Archived