NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Powys

wazzie

Hi all, i think i will be picking your brains over the next few weeks reguarding astro matters,ive had a interest in astronomy for years but never had been able to afford a decent telescope,now i have one so its all systems go.It would also be good to know if there is any other people/clubs in my area to share this great passion.

thanks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wazzie and welcome to the forum.

Hope you find a club, group or even forum members who you can link up with as astronomy is a great thing to share with others. Family are not always as interested in this subject as you might expect and so its great to get out there and exchange with like minded souls. From a technical viewpoint, if you link up with more experienced observers (...as I have done) you can pick up a lot more tips and ideas than you would of you were observing by yourself - especially if you encounter any difficulties.

Clear skies

James

Hi all, i think i will be picking your brains over the next few weeks reguarding astro matters,ive had a interest in astronomy for years but never had been able to afford a decent telescope,now i have one so its all systems go.It would also be good to know if there is any other people/clubs in my area to share this great passion.

thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Depends on where in Powys you come from, there's two groups that immediately spring to mind...

Marches Astronomy Group

Shropshire Astronomical Society - Home Page

I've been to both, and they're great. :D

Archived