NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC206 (within M31) L-Ha/R-G-B** Ha added on page 2*

MikeD

Hi all.

Well I managed to get out for some colour for this shot.

But for some reason I had real problems with the green data after applying flats ect.:)

I am at a loss as to what was going on but it made processing the colour a nightmare and as a result i am not too happy with the appearance of the colour.

On a positive note the colour has really helped to define the dust lane detail.

The image still needs more L data and I may well end up shooting the RGB again.

The image is Now L-RGB

L= 20 ' 5 min's

RGB 11 @ 5 min's each.

Mike

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture6797-ngc206-l-rgb2.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice resolution although blues seem a little bloated, I think you could do with more reds to make dust lanes better contrasted as it is in bottom right as there is a gradient showing up affecting dust lane separation. A strong dust lane will really make this image.

John.

Thanks again guys.:)

Nice resolution although blues seem a little bloated, I think you could do with more reds to make dust lanes better contrasted as it is in bottom right as there is a gradient showing up affecting dust lane separation. A strong dust lane will really make this image.

John.

Thank's John for the feedback.:)

I agree with all your observations.

The RAW colour data is flawed for some reason I can't get to the bottom of so rather than bashing my head against the wall trying to put it wright I plan to reshoot the data on a good clear night and also shoot some Ha data which will help to bring up the the red.

Mike.

Thanks for the feedback Tom.:)

I like my images too keep as natural a feel as posible and too much contrast IMHO starts to pull away from that Ideal.

Subtle dust lanes feel more natural to me ( helps keep the feel that the dust sits in front of the galaxy star field rather than looking like a hole in the star field) but it is all down to personal taste. :)

Mike.

Archived