Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flocking

callisto

Does anyone know where i can buy flocking for my scope in the uk ?

Telescope parts UK have put a hold on importing this due to low exchange rates :eek: so i am at a loss where to get it from now.

Can anyone suggest anywhere please.

Cheers,

Mark :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is johninderby on here still doing them? thats who i bought mine from, very reasonable too

At the current cost, and after all the additional expenses of importing it, I'd only be making about 50p profit per sheet, which is why I'm holding off re-ordering. If I can't make at least £2.50 per sheet it's really not worth importing. That's the problem with importing a specialty product, there simply isn't the sales potential to be able to import it in large enough quantities to keep the price down.

The big question is what people would be willing to pay for it. At my current costs I'd have to charge £12.95 per sheet (old price £10.95) to make it worth while, but would anyone be willing to pay that?

John

Is Protostar Flockboard better/worse than the actual stickybacked flocked material? Just seems easier to wrap the sheet in the tube then put a few blobs of glue round the edge to hold it from moving than try messing about with the stickybacked stuff.

hi all and John!

I enquired about the 30" roll price and this seems a lot more reasonable.

I worked out that I could get enough to do my 12" and my 6" (both 60" tubes) for about £75 delivered (150" to ensure a bit spare) so if John ordered this in bulk, he could maybe cut to size (approx) and then make a bit more overall but also save us the shipping etc?

I'd sign up for enough for mine if the costs are not too different.

cheers

Shane

Looks good Simon ;)

I was going to use this one but was recomended this instead :Fablon - Black Velour

It is the first time i have flocked a scope, but found it ok. The only scarey bit for me was taking the primary out because that was a first for me also :).

I see you flocked the back plate, do many people do this or is it not necessary?

P.S. would be interested to see how youres fares during the winter for the stickyness and moulding.

Cheers,

Mark.

Archived