Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello Everyone from Newcastle Upon Tyne

Deano6128

Hi Guys,

Long time reader of your great forum and thought it was time to join in the fun :D

Always had an interest in Space, but my interest in Astronomy really started last year when my Dad gave me his old binoculars and I began looking at the sky wondering what all that stuff up there was.

Wasn't too long before I was bitten by the bug, went and bought myself a telescope and really started learning about the night sky. Recently purchased a Lifecam to try a bit of imaging, and for my pretty basic setup I've been really pleased with the results I've managed to get of the Moon and Jupiter.

Look forward to learning more from you all, and hope to make some good friendships with like minded people who don't think you're a bit crazy standing in the back garden on a freezing cold night :eek:

Best wishes and clear skies!

Dean

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the warm welcome :eek:

Abernus: Yes the LP is terrible, but I've just moved nearer the coast (on the border of North Shields/Tynemouth if you know the area) so it's not as bad as it used to be in the City - although there's still a nice orange glow in the sky :D

Yeah I know I used to live right in the middle of the city (Jesmond) then to Gateshead still very bad, but now I live in a little village. We have a slight orange glow but not much.

I know the North Shields area very well and work over in South Shields

Archived