NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hi all from south shropshire

redfox1971

hi all,at last ive got myself a hobbie something that has always interested me since a kid looking up into the night sky and looking at the bright stars,catching a meteorite flash buy,and of course being amazed at the moon,and always staying up late to watch the sky at night with patrick moore,well ive made a start ive bought a celestron cpc 800 telescope,got a celestron e-lux 40mm plossl a x-cel 10mm and a moon filter also ordered a 2x ultma barlow,ive seen great detail in the moon,and seen jupiter and its moons,now looking to get a ccd camera as i didnt realize that is only way to see nebula is buy long exsposure,am i right in thinking that?well i hope for clear skys as of late been poor,happy star gazing redfox.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now looking to get a ccd camera as i didnt realize that is only way to see nebula is buy long exsposure,am i right in thinking that?well i hope for clear skys as of late been poor,happy star gazing redfox.

You can see deep sky objects with your eye to the scope but they will just be grey smudges as your eye isn't sensitive to colour at those low light levels.

Dark skies, well adapted eyes and practice (strange as it may seem) are the key to how much detail you will see.

Helo and welcome from another NEWBIE.......

I like yourself have been looking skywards for years but have only now actually done something about it.....

"I may not have gone where I intendedto go, but think I have ended up where I needed to be". Douglas Adams

Roy

Archived