Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

not even going to bother dog poop!

Daniel-K

We are surrounded by TWELVE cats (at the latest count) that belong to neighbours and everyone else it seems nearby. For some reason they seem to want to hang out near our garden and its not so much the **** but the fighting, hissing, knocking stuff over or where your red light catches a pair of eyes that are watching you - in the case of last evening, from the middle of our ash tree!!!

I do sympathise with those of you that experience this aspect of nature. The thing is I really like cats but not at 2:30 am when I'm trying to get some observing in.

MEOWWWWWWW for now

James

If anyone has any good tactics for convincing neighbours cats to stay away from their garden, feel free to let me know, I'm not having much luck :o

Get a dog, we never have a problem and we are surrounded by cats.

If anyone has any good tactics for convincing neighbours cats to stay away from their garden, feel free to let me know, I'm not having much luck :o

A lot of people around here now use water pistols. Doesn't harm the cat at all but really irritates the **** out of them. Often that's enough to convince the cat that your garden isn't a nice peaceful place to be.

John

If anyone has any good tactics for convincing neighbours cats to stay away from their garden, feel free to let me know, I'm not having much luck :D

Answer, get a cat of your own :o It will keep other cats off its territory and will only use the flower beds for its own latrine. Plus it'll keep you warm by sitting on your lap :)

I've had a dog for nearly 3 yrs now and never encountered this problem. I dont worry about it either. In the dark its a case of "out of sight...out of mind".

thats what i thought till i i went a$$ over T&^ last night :o

A lot of people around here now use water pistols. Doesn't harm the cat at all but really irritates the **** out of them. Often that's enough to convince the cat that your garden isn't a nice peaceful place to be.

John

But then you'll be treading in the **** that you've irritated out of 'em...:o:)

Dion,

For cats that don't even belong to you (and some that do) may I suggest a trip to your local Garden centre or better still Safari park, and purchase a bag of Lion S*$T.

Apparently the little cats are very scared of the big cats doo doo's and leave the gardens well alone, does leave a bit of a pong for a few days, but keeps working after the smell has died down.

Tony

You need a small dog. The funniest thing JUST happened here. The back door is open and i saw a cat in my garden. Before i had a chance to go close the door the cat entered the kitchen. Little did the cat know my dog was also in the kitchen.

Well i have never seen a cat jump straight up in the air from a standing position,rotate its body 180 degrees while in mid air and appear to fly back out the door...........................with Chara hot on its heels.

Archived